Thursday, January 21, 2016

Behind the Scenes at Canada's War Museum 2 - The M3 Lee Hovertank

My brother the Mad Colonel volunteers at the Ottawa War Museum and recently sent me this video of the museum staff moving their M3 Lee tank during their annual maintenance week. They are using what I can only describe as a pad of compressed air to lift and move the tank over the floor. Fascinating stuff. My brother described himself as the guy doing the important work of carrying the hose. It's a big hose so it must be a lot of air. u


14 comments:

  1. What a neat little video.
    Cheers Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely mesmerising! What an amazing bit of kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on the museum's Youtube channel. Most interesting. What I am really excited about is all the Grizzly bits they have had stashed around the back. With any luck we'll have a running Kangaroo and a Grizzly to put on display.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating! Visited this magnificent museum a few years ago and saw the war memorial plaster designs just after I'd visited the real things the year before. Ottawa definitely the best capital city in the world...and I've seen lots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magic!
    I've seen worse parking jobs at Loblaw's! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's pretty impressive indeed!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool video! This looks like an impressive collection of armor. If I am in Ottawa, this place is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Just one thing:that tank needs to be painted pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting video
    From what I've seen the museum has an impressive offer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool vid! That is a pretty neat contraption they have there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was there in July last year and took heaps of pictures but I was frustrated by the back lighting from the windows. Still a great collection and a great video.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers